*Please note, all Theme Weekend Packages have a 30 day cancellation policy
So you’ve been to Gettysburg before?
You probably haven’t seen this!
A Comprehensive Tour led by Licensed Battlefield Guides
Rich Kohr, Ralph Siegel and Tim Smith
Spend a weekend at the only Bed & Breakfast located directly on the Gettysburg Battlefield and participate in this one-of-a-kind private bus & walking tour, visiting things that have come and gone on the Battlefield. A rare opportunity to visit today’s forgotten corners of the Battlefield, including the original path to Big Round Top, rarely visited monuments, the electric trolley line, 50th Anniversary Camp site, hidden quarries, airfields, and much, much more!
One weekend ONLY: March 22nd – 24th, 2013
Package Price is just $175.00 per person in addition to regular room rate and includes the following:
• 2 night stay at the Doubleday Inn (including a full hot breakfast served both mornings of your stay).
• Friday evening dessert discussion at the Doubleday Inn led by Licensed Battlefield Guide Rich Kohr, focusing on how the Battlefield has changed during the last 150 years.
• Private bus* and walking Battlefield tour on Saturday morning with Licensed Battlefield Guide Rich Kohr, with lunch at Dunlap’s Restaurant and Bakery. Rich will take the group to quarry sites, the old trolley line, rock carving locations and much more.
• On Saturday afternoon, Licensed Battlefield Guide Ralph Siegel will lead the group to paths less traveled to show us monuments that largely go unnoticed to visitors, but are significant in the interpretation of the Battle. The group will be on and off the bus at many locations to view these specific monuments.
• Private Battlefield 3 hour walking tour of Big Round Top with Licensed Battlefield Guide Tim Smith on Sunday morning. Tim will lead the group to the summit along the original trail not in use today. Unseen by most are the monuments and breastworks along this trail.
*Bus is 15 passenger minibus. There is no restroom on the bus, but we will make comfort stops throughout the day. Please note that the bus will NOT return to the Doubleday Inn until the conclusion of the tour late Saturday afternoon. If you will need to leave the tour before its conclusion you should arrange your own transportation.
The Doubleday Inn Is Your Headquarters
for History & Hospitality!
Exclusive Internet Users' Discount!
Book your room directly through our website and save $10/night on our published room rates.
Click here to make your reservations today.
Complimentary with Your Stay:
Full hot breakfast served from 8-9:30 AM each morning
Use of CD Audio Tour program
All private baths
Central Air Conditioning
Free WiFi throughout
Afternoon cookies & self-serve tea
Most Wednesdays & Saturdays from
April - October (depending on occupancy) we feature a 2-hour Question & Answer session with a Licensed Battlefield Guide from
Give the gift of a stay
at the Doubleday
We never settle for less than the best and neither should you! Our very special Theme Weekend packages are designed with you, the history lover, in mind. We offer the only packages in Gettysburg with guaranteed licensed professionals as your guides and absolutely ZERO price mark-ups on all package components.
Our goal is simple: To provide our valued guests with a great bargain and as much history as we can pack into one weekend!